About three years ago, a group of friends formed the Global NOG Alliance. The aim was to help Network Operators world wide connect with each other — near and far — so that knowledge about how the internet works and how we keep it running could get to all the nooks and crannies of the world, and communities all over the globe could benefit from long term, stable access to the internet.
Then the pandemic happened. The Global NOG Alliance pivoted to providing online resources that would help keep people connected in these difficult times, running international zoom meetings for fledgling Network Operator Groups in places like Uganda and Angola.
And then… Russia invaded Ukraine.
This taskforce is working with and supported by these Ukrainian organisations:
- Gather requirements from Network Operators and organisations in Ukraine
- Record donated equipment in our database and match it with requests
- Raise money to buy or match funds for equipment that is in short supply
- Ship (with our partners) the equipment to the Ukrainian border
- Enlist local help to properly distribute the equipment within Ukraine.
- The splicer has arrived — but we need more 23rd April 2022
- The first delivery has been made! 14th April 2022
- Donations promised : 2405
- Donations already received: 49
- Keep Ukraine Connected logo
- Global NOG Alliance logo (black text | white text)
- Photos below (Click for larger versions)